ParaPedia - Encylopedia of the Paranormal, Bizarre, Mysterious, & the Unexplained

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Locations

  Records 22 to 42 of 116

Calvary Cemetery

Calvary Cemetery is located at 248 Belle Vista Avenue on the west side of Youngstown, Ohio. The cemetery is maintained by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Youngstown.
Calvary Cemetery is located at 248 Belle Vista Avenue on the west side of Youngstown, Ohio. The cemetery is maintained by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Youngstown.

more...

Calvin Center Hall and Adtrm

Built as an annex, recreation center, and school for the Hungarian Presbyterian church that sits to the left of this building.
Built as an annex, recreation center, and school for the Hungarian Presbyterian church that sits to the left of this building.

more...

Castillo de San Marcos

Castillo de San Marcos, the oldest fort in the United States, was constructed between 1672 and 1695 by the Spanish living on Matanzas Inlet for the protection of the northern most outpost of the empire, Saint Augustine.
Castillo de San Marcos, the oldest fort in the United States, was constructed between 1672 and 1695 by the Spanish living on Matanzas Inlet for the protection of the northern most outpost of the empire, Saint Augustine.

more...

Cleveland Agora Theater

Henry LoConti Sr. opened the first Agora on February 27, 1966 near the campus of Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. His concept of promoting live entertainment for young adults was an instant success, and audiences outgrew both the building and
Henry LoConti Sr. opened the first Agora on February 27, 1966 near the campus of Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. His concept of promoting live entertainment for young adults was an instant success, and audiences outgrew both the buildin...

more...

Cleveland Grays Armory Museum

Grays Armory is an historic building in Cleveland, Ohio. It was built by the Cleveland Grays, a private military company which was founded in 1837.This is one of the oldest standing buildings in downtown Cleveland.
Grays Armory is an historic building in Cleveland, Ohio. It was built by the Cleveland Grays, a private military company which was founded in 1837.This is one of the oldest standing buildings in downtown Cleveland.

more...

Conrad Hall - University of Nebraska - Kearney

One of UNK's smaller halls, Conrad offers residents a tight-knit community and convenient location, right next door to the Nebraskan Student Union where the Market at 27th is located. It is the last building on campus to be named after a woman.
One of UNK's smaller halls, Conrad offers residents a tight-knit community and convenient location, right next door to the Nebraskan Student Union where the Market at 27th is located. It is the last building on campus to be named after a woman.

more...

Custom House

The Custom House is located on Derby Street in Salem, Massachusetts. It is part of the Salem Maritime National Historic Site, which was the very first historic site maintained by the National Park System.
The Custom House is located on Derby Street in Salem, Massachusetts. It is part of the Salem Maritime National Historic Site, which was the very first historic site maintained by the National Park System.

more...

Desert Sands Motel

Built in 1957, the Desert Sands was considered a first-class establishment with a fancy roadside sign. Now it's in a rundown neighborhood, just a cheap place for drifters to hide out ... with a fancy vintage roadside sign.
Built in 1957, the Desert Sands was considered a first-class establishment with a fancy roadside sign. Now it's in a rundown neighborhood, just a cheap place for drifters to hide out ... with a fancy vintage roadside sign.

more...

Execution Rocks Lighthouse

Built in 1809, Sands Point Light is situated close to Execution Rocks, but proved ineffective at warning mariners of the danger in heavy fog or stormy weather.
Built in 1809, Sands Point Light is situated close to Execution Rocks, but proved ineffective at warning mariners of the danger in heavy fog or stormy weather.

more...

Farnam Manor

In 1834, Everett Farnam built this magnificent Manor House for his bride. He and Emily raised 5 children here.
In 1834, Everett Farnam built this magnificent Manor House for his bride. He and Emily raised 5 children here.

more...

Fords Theater

In 1861 theatre manager John T. Ford leased out the abandoned First Baptist Church on Tenth Street to create Ford`s Theatre.
In 1861 theatre manager John T. Ford leased out the abandoned First Baptist Church on Tenth Street to create Ford`s Theatre.

more...

Fort Chaffee

On September 9, 1941, construction started on Camp Chaffee. Then on December 7, 1941, the first soldiers arrive. Between 1943-1946 some 3,000 German prisoners of war encamped at Camp Chaffee. It was the home of the 5th Armored Division from 1948-1957.
On September 9, 1941, construction started on Camp Chaffee. Then on December 7, 1941, the first soldiers arrive. Between 1943-1946 some 3,000 German prisoners of war encamped at Camp Chaffee. It was the home of the 5th Armored Division from 1948-1957...

more...

Fort Niagara

The history of Old Fort Niagara spans more than 300 years. During the colonial wars in North America a fort at the mouth of the Niagara River was vital, for it controlled access to the Great Lakes and the westward route to the heartland of the continent.
The history of Old Fort Niagara spans more than 300 years. During the colonial wars in North America a fort at the mouth of the Niagara River was vital, for it controlled access to the Great Lakes and the westward route to the heartland of the contin...

more...

Franklin Castle

The house was built in 1881 by architects Cudell and Richardson for Hannes Tiedemann, a German immigrant, and has a horrific past, as well as, some ghostly stories.
The house was built in 1881 by architects Cudell and Richardson for Hannes Tiedemann, a German immigrant, and has a horrific past, as well as, some ghostly stories.

more...

General Wayne Inn

The General Wayne Inn building was built on land purchased by William Penn. Originally called The Wayside Inn, this building has been continuously used since 1704.
The General Wayne Inn building was built on land purchased by William Penn. Originally called The Wayside Inn, this building has been continuously used since 1704.

more...

Gettysburg National Cemetery

Gettysburg National Cemetery is the final resting place for more than 3,500 Union soldiers killed in the Battle of Gettysburg, a Union victory often cited as a turning point in the Civil War.
Gettysburg National Cemetery is the final resting place for more than 3,500 Union soldiers killed in the Battle of Gettysburg, a Union victory often cited as a turning point in the Civil War.

more...

Graceland

Graceland is located in Memphis, Tennessee, about 10 miles south of the downtown area. It sits along Elvis Presley Boulevard, a section of U.S. Highway 51S which was renamed in 1971 in honor of Presley's residence there.
Graceland is located in Memphis, Tennessee, about 10 miles south of the downtown area. It sits along Elvis Presley Boulevard, a section of U.S. Highway 51S which was renamed in 1971 in honor of Presley's residence there.

more...

Harmony Inn

There have been many media reports about the entities who reside at the Harmony Inn, many of which are posted on the wall in the bar area.
There have been many media reports about the entities who reside at the Harmony Inn, many of which are posted on the wall in the bar area.

more...

Heather Hill Hospital and Health

UHHS Heather Hill was founded in 1939 by a Cleveland social worker, Mabel Woodruff. The original 150-acre estate included 60 acres of timber, five natural springs, several homes, a carriage house, granery and barn.
UHHS Heather Hill was founded in 1939 by a Cleveland social worker, Mabel Woodruff. The original 150-acre estate included 60 acres of timber, five natural springs, several homes, a carriage house, granery and barn.

more...

Heceta Head Lighthouse

Heceta Head Light is a lighthouse located on the Oregon Coast 13 miles (21 km) north of Florence, Oregon and 13 miles (21 km) south of Yachats, Oregon, United States.
Heceta Head Light is a lighthouse located on the Oregon Coast 13 miles (21 km) north of Florence, Oregon and 13 miles (21 km) south of Yachats, Oregon, United States.

more...

Henry H. Stambaugh Auditorium

Henry H. Stambaugh, local industrialist and philanthropist, bequeathed to the people of Youngstown and the surrounding areas a magnificent structure on what was then the northernmost part of Youngstown.
Henry H. Stambaugh, local industrialist and philanthropist, bequeathed to the people of Youngstown and the surrounding areas a magnificent structure on what was then the northernmost part of Youngstown.

more...
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] Next

Copyright © 2017, PANICd.com - A division of DNS Technology Consultants, Inc.
Follow Us of Facebook Follow Us of Twitter Follow Us of YouTube Follow Us of Pinterest Read our Blog Subscribe to our Feed