ParaPedia - Encylopedia of the Paranormal, Bizarre, Mysterious, & the Unexplained

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Locations

  Records 64 to 84 of 116

Moss Mansion

The Moss Mansion Historic House Museum is located in Billings, Montana on 914 Division St. It is a turn of the century, red-stoned mansion built by P.B. Moss.
The Moss Mansion Historic House Museum is located in Billings, Montana on 914 Division St. It is a turn of the century, red-stoned mansion built by P.B. Moss.

more...

Music City Centre

Music CIty Centre is an entertainment complex located in the middle of the action on the 76 Strip!
Music CIty Centre is an entertainment complex located in the middle of the action on the 76 Strip!

more...

Naval Air Station Lakehurst

Previously known as Naval Air Station Lakehurst, the installation is most famous as the site of the Hindenburg disaster on 6 May 1937.
Previously known as Naval Air Station Lakehurst, the installation is most famous as the site of the Hindenburg disaster on 6 May 1937.

more...

Newton Falls Covered Bridge

Constructed in 1831, the bridge still accommodates autos over the East Branch of the river. It is the second oldest covered bridge in the state, the only one in Ohio with a covered crosswalk, and the last covered bridge in Trumbull County.
Constructed in 1831, the bridge still accommodates autos over the East Branch of the river. It is the second oldest covered bridge in the state, the only one in Ohio with a covered crosswalk, and the last covered bridge in Trumbull County.

more...

Oak Hill Cemetery - Youngstown

The origins of Oak Hill Cemetery go back to 1850 when a group of Youngstown residents joined together to form the Mahoning Cemetery Association.
The origins of Oak Hill Cemetery go back to 1850 when a group of Youngstown residents joined together to form the Mahoning Cemetery Association.

more...

Oakland Cemetery

City fathers purchased six acres in 1850 to be a public burial ground for a young but fast-growing town that already had a population of more than 2,500.
City fathers purchased six acres in 1850 to be a public burial ground for a young but fast-growing town that already had a population of more than 2,500.

more...

Ohio University

In 1803, Ohio became a state and on February 18, 1804, the Ohio General Assembly passed an act establishing
In 1803, Ohio became a state and on February 18, 1804, the Ohio General Assembly passed an act establishing "The Ohio University." The opened in 1808 with one building, three students, and its one professor, Jacob Lindley.

more...

Pennhurst State School and Hospital

Pennhurst State School and Hospital, originally known as the Eastern Pennsylvania State Institution for the Feeble-Minded and Epileptic is positioned on the border between Chester County and Montgomery County in Pennsylvania.
Pennhurst State School and Hospital, originally known as the Eastern Pennsylvania State Institution for the Feeble-Minded and Epileptic is positioned on the border between Chester County and Montgomery County in Pennsylvania.

more...

Pico House

The Pico House Built by Pio Pico, last governor of California under Mexican rule, who lived almost the entire length of the nineteenth century, from 1801 to 1894.
The Pico House Built by Pio Pico, last governor of California under Mexican rule, who lived almost the entire length of the nineteenth century, from 1801 to 1894.

more...

Pioneer Pavilion

Pioneer Pavilion, located in Mill Creek Park, is one of the oldest structures in Youngstown, Ohio. Constructed in 1821, this sandstone building served as a mill for carding and fulling wool.
Pioneer Pavilion, located in Mill Creek Park, is one of the oldest structures in Youngstown, Ohio. Constructed in 1821, this sandstone building served as a mill for carding and fulling wool.

more...

Promont House Museum

Promont House in Milford, Ohio, has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1980. It is an Italianate Victorian structure, built in 1865 by William Megrue, and purchased in 1879 by John Pattison, who became the 43rd governor of Ohio.
Promont House in Milford, Ohio, has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1980. It is an Italianate Victorian structure, built in 1865 by William Megrue, and purchased in 1879 by John Pattison, who became the 43rd governor of ...

more...

Prospect Place Estate

Prospect Place was a station on the Underground Railroad and was used to safely move escaped slaves to freedom.  The property is listed on the National Park Service,  National Register of Historic Places.
Prospect Place was a station on the Underground Railroad and was used to safely move escaped slaves to freedom. The property is listed on the National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places.

more...

Riley Center - The Grand Opera House

In the late 19th Century, a partnership consisting of businessmen I. Marks and his half-brothers, Levi, Sam, and Marx Rothenberg, made a decision to expand their retail operations by opening a swank new wholesale and retail mercantile store.
In the late 19th Century, a partnership consisting of businessmen I. Marks and his half-brothers, Levi, Sam, and Marx Rothenberg, made a decision to expand their retail operations by opening a swank new wholesale and retail mercantile store.

more...

Sachs Covered Bridge

Built in 1852 by David S. Stoner. On June 19, 1996, a flash flood knocked the bridge from one of its abutments. It was restored: over 75% of its original structure was used. It was reconstructed in 1996. The bridge was rededicated on July 21, 1997.
Built in 1852 by David S. Stoner. On June 19, 1996, a flash flood knocked the bridge from one of its abutments. It was restored: over 75% of its original structure was used. It was reconstructed in 1996. The bridge was rededicated on July 21, 1997.

more...

San Haven Sanatorium

The San Haven TB Hospital was closed in 1987. It served as a tuberculosis sanitarium in the early and mid 1900's. In the 1970's it was converted into a state school for the mentally handicapped.
The San Haven TB Hospital was closed in 1987. It served as a tuberculosis sanitarium in the early and mid 1900's. In the 1970's it was converted into a state school for the mentally handicapped.

more...

Shattuck-St. Marys School

On June 3, 1858, in a small rented building in Faribault, Minnesota, The Rev. Dr. James Lloyd Breck established the Episcopal mission school and seminary from which Shattuck-St. Mary's School has developed and prospered.
On June 3, 1858, in a small rented building in Faribault, Minnesota, The Rev. Dr. James Lloyd Breck established the Episcopal mission school and seminary from which Shattuck-St. Mary's School has developed and prospered.

more...

Spanish Military Hospital

The Spanish Military Hospital Museum building is a reconstruction of a Military Hospital that stood on this site during the Second Spanish Colonial Period, 1784-1821.
The Spanish Military Hospital Museum building is a reconstruction of a Military Hospital that stood on this site during the Second Spanish Colonial Period, 1784-1821.

more...

St. Augustine Lighthouse

Constructed of Alabama brick and Philadelphia iron, the lighthouse is St. Augustine's oldest surviving brick structure. In 1876, a brick light keeper's house was added to the site.
Constructed of Alabama brick and Philadelphia iron, the lighthouse is St. Augustine's oldest surviving brick structure. In 1876, a brick light keeper's house was added to the site.

more...

Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens

Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens (70 acres) is a notable country estate, with gardens, located at 714 North Portage Path in Akron, Ohio. It ranks twelfth on the list of largest houses in the United States.
Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens (70 acres) is a notable country estate, with gardens, located at 714 North Portage Path in Akron, Ohio. It ranks twelfth on the list of largest houses in the United States.

more...

Strock Stone House

The Judge William Shaw Anderson house, also known as the Strock Stone House, was built in 1831 of huge blocks of sandstone, some weighing as much as 750 pounds, quarried from Stony Ridge on South Turner Road in Austintown.
The Judge William Shaw Anderson house, also known as the Strock Stone House, was built in 1831 of huge blocks of sandstone, some weighing as much as 750 pounds, quarried from Stony Ridge on South Turner Road in Austintown.

more...

Sweetwater Plantation

Sweetwater Plantation once covered 3800 acres on NW Alabama. It gets its name from the creek that the Indians called Sweetwater.
Sweetwater Plantation once covered 3800 acres on NW Alabama. It gets its name from the creek that the Indians called Sweetwater.

more...
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] Next

Copyright © 2017, PANICd.com - A division of DNS Technology Consultants, Inc.
Follow Us of Facebook Follow Us of Twitter Follow Us of YouTube Follow Us of Pinterest Read our Blog Subscribe to our Feed